Friday, March 8, 2013

Travel Book Review: The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz

The Sweet Life in Paris
By David Lebovitz

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and I read it quickly. David moves to Paris from the United States, and he shares many anecdotes about his life in Paris. The chapters are each their own little story, and these stories weave together David’s experiences with more general information regarding French, particularly Parisian, culture. His experiences are entertaining, and I appreciate the cultural insight. At the end of each chapter, David shares a pertinent recipe or two (his profession is culinary). What I most enjoyed is how well David created an entertaining AND informational book - I laughed and smiled while learning that it’s imperative I greet every shop owner, less appearing the rude American.

1 comment: