Friday, February 22, 2013

Travel Book Review: Adventure Divas by Holly Morris


Adventure Divas: Searching the Globe for Women Who Are Changing the World

by Holly Morris




The book’s overarching story is of a woman and her mom’s efforts to create a television show about divas - their definition of diva. And it has nothing to do with fashion and glamour or popularity contests. These are women that are changing the world, be it revolutionizing a jail in India or courageously pursuing art against her government’s dictates.










While Holly’s tale of struggles and triumphs is interesting and inspiring all on its own (I love the idea of quitting my job and traveling around the world in a quest to meet amazing people and earn money from the venture), it is the stories of the women Holly meets that really makes this book worth reading. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the tales and thoughts and words of wisdom from these women. Not only is their courage to change their lives and the lives of others inspiring for our grand ideals, but they also impart bits of advice we can use in our daily lives. I won’t spoil their messages for you. :)




After reading this, I began considering my higher purpose a little more. I was also left with the strong desire to hug little orphaned orangutans at the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center in Borneo...



If you are looking to be inspired by what women of the world are doing these days to help society and the environment, this will be a good read for you.

If you read it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment