Monday, March 26, 2012

Pura Vida! - Travels in Costa Rica (Part 1)



Pura Vida! This is what I’m bringing back from Costa Rica. It’s a phrase that literally means “pure life”; however, the use of this simple phrase goes far beyond its literal translation. Ticos use this expression in greetings and farewells, when something is going well or not so well. I’m bringing back more than the phrase, though; I’m bringing back the Costa Rican attitude and mindset that goes along with it. It’s a laid-back, happy, optimistic type of vibe, a “hey, things are going good, even if it doesn’t seem so good, because life is pretty great, right?” I like this type of mindset, and I love that they created a phrase to capture and express it. So, pura vida, my friends, and I’m excited to share my adventure with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment