Monday, March 5, 2012

The Good, the Bad, the Excellenté - Part 5

Service at the Excellence Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico

Arriving by shuttle, we were quickly greeted at the entrance and handed a cold, damp towel. I was confused by this until I realized that it’s usually much hotter when people arrive, and they would appreciate a cold wash towel to wipe off the sweat. I appreciated the glass of champagne we were handed next much more.

It felt good staying at the Excellence Resort. We were treated very well by all the staff members, who exuded kindness and cordiality. While sitting at a bar, more than once we enjoyed conversation with the bartender. And I won’t forget Eddy, our friendly waiter at Agave. I can’t comment on how helpful they were when we had a problem because we actually never had a problem…

Each day, our room was visited twice: Once to clean and once for turndown service. (I really liked the little chocolates they left each evening.)

When at a resort, there’s always the question: Do I tip? The answer is – yes! I learned that servers and bar tenders are only paid $5 A DAY here, so please tip if you appreciate their service!

In our room, we made good use of the mini-bar (restocked daily at no additional cost). It had water bottles, beer, juice, even a candy bar. And yes, I ate the candy bar, but only because I was starving and dinner wasn’t for another two hours. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment